Injection molds create a precise match between two halves of a blended part. This allows you to control material flow and create a seamless product. While injection molds are typically used for aluminum and steel applications, plastic injection molds can create cost-effective, durable parts for dozens of industries.
Injection molding creates a repetitive, nearly error-free production process. It also has a low waste rate compared with other forms of production, including CNC machining, which uses a subtractive process when creating parts out of a blank.
Plastic Injection Molding Products Are Used in Many Industries
From medical and automotive to home products, aerospace and more, plastic injection molding applications fit nearly every industry on a global scale. Here are just a few examples:
- Aerospace: Plastic produces high-resistance, high-impact products designed to withstand the temperature extremes faced by those in the aerospace industry. Common products made out of plastic injection molding include housings, chassis components, bezels, lenses, enclosures, containers and more.
- Electronic housings for computers, remote controls, medical equipment and other consumer products are also made from plastic injection molding. The fluidity and accuracy of the process make it ideal for any manufacturer looking to create custom plastic enclosures.
- Firearm: Plastic injection molding allows manufacturers to meet rigorous and specific requirements firearm parts and accessories need under friction, compression and vibration environments. Firearm parts are made from firm plastic granules that are liquified and placed into metal molds to solidify into parts or accessories that allow for aesthetics, form and comfort to take shape. The range of colors and textures available make this process ideal for a variety of firearm manufacturers.
- Household applications include containers, drinkware and hundreds, if not thousands, of other applications.
- Automotive Components: Everything from bumpers to cupholders to dashboards are made with plastic injection molding. This applies to parts on both the interior and exterior of vehicles.
- Healthcare Industry: In the healthcare field, there are thousands of applications for plastic injection molding. Multipurpose plastic products are easy to create in large lots, making plastic injection molding the perfect process for disposable items required by hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities.
Advantages of Choosing Plastic Injection Molding
Plastic injection molding produces precise parts with low error rates. This production process allows you to create complex parts in lots numbering large quantities with extreme accuracy. Plastic injection molding also increases the strength of finished parts, while maintaining rigidity or flexibility in the material. Advanced resins and cutting-edge technology also continue to expand the applications for the popular form of injection molding, such as:
Plastic Injection Molding in Dallas, TX
QT Manufacturing is ISO9001:2015 and AS9100 rev D certified, following a strict quality policy to ensure high-quality products and services. If you’d like to learn more about our plastic injection molding process or how to improve your manufacturing processes, contact QT Manufacturing at (972) 221-0537. Feel free to browse our parts gallery or contact us online for a free custom quote today!