Mold Design Engineering Technician
QT Industries LLC is looking for a full-time Mold Design Engineering Technician to work in our office at 7410 Ambassador Row, Dallas, TX 75247.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with project managers and customers to fully understand molded part design requirements and integrate these requirements in to mold design
- Develop mold design concepts consistent with SPI 101 to 104 class injection molds (prototype to high cavitation tools)
- Leverage modeling and simulation studies to improve and optimize mold designs for productivity and longevity
- Develop and integrate new mold design approaches and new mold design technology
- Deliver complete fabrication-ready 3D mold designs
- Create full set of GD&T prints for component floor fabrication
- Maintain on-time deliveries for all jobs in production
- Maintain and improve quality control procedures
- Maintain and promote AS9100, ISO and/ or certified quality standards
- Coordinate efforts with purchasing, assembly, and QC to move jobs through production workflow in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Academic background in thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Academic background in: heat/mass transfer, material sciences (thermoplastics), manufacturing processes and machine designs
- Academic background in CAD and design experience
- Academic background in the following software packages: SolidWorks, CREO, and AutoCAD
- Excellent Geometry, trigonometry, and statistics skills
- Strong mechanical, project planning and problem-solving aptitude
- Academic background in GD&T (geometric, dimensional, & tolerancing) knowledge
- Academic background in robotics, automation, complex assemblies
- Project management experience building complex Gantt timelines and charts
- BS, Mechanical Engineering Degree